April 27, 2010

God's Gift of Creation





Gods Gift of Creation
2009
24 X 30
Acrylic on Canvas
Sold

As I began this painting for Nathaniel, a new-born baby boy, I opened the Bible for Inspiration. I turned almost immediately to Romans 1:20. As I read the verse I envisioned the painting.
“For Since the creation of the World God’s invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”
-Romans 1:20
The words that inspired me were: creation, invisible qualities, divine nature, clearly. I envisioned a series of clear “glass-like” tiles making up the painting. Behind each tile were representations of creation. I tied the elements of creation to Nathaniel’s bedding. I also embedded the trinity into one of the tiles that represented trees, fruits, and flowers. I also used the Lion and the Lamb to represent the creation of animals, but also to represent our Savior Jesus Christ. Originally, I planned to incorporate small, white lines much like a blue print-the blue print of God. It would have especially worked since the painting was mainly blue.

No comments: